Antinori Pian delle Vigne 2003 released

In a press release issued minutes ago, Marchesi Antinori has announced that its 2003 Pian delle Vigne Brunello will be available on the market as of Tuesday: “Brunello di Montalcino Pian delle Vigne 2003: available as of July 1, 2008. After proving to be in accordance with appellation regulations for the Appellation of Controlled Origin (DOCG) Brunello di Montalcino, Marchesi Antinori’s 2003 Pian delle Vigne will be available for sale beginning next week.”

When the editors of VinoWire contacted Antinori’s office, the winery’s spokesperson told us that “Pian delle Vigne was never impounded” by Italian authorities. “It was voluntarily taken off the market by Marchesi Antinori because of the turmoil in progress.”

“The seizure was cautionary — or rather pending verification — because no irregularities were found,” said the spokesperson.

Antinori’s claims would seem to contradict reports published in April, 2008 by the Corriere Fiorentino and L’Espresso: both publications reported that Antinori’s Pian delle Vigne 2003 had been impounded because of suspected irregularities.

Advertisements

One thought on “Antinori Pian delle Vigne 2003 released

  1. Pingback: Breaking (good) news: Antinori’s 03 Brunello released by Italian authorities « Do Bianchi

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s